This site and site functionality are developed using the Drupal CMS (Content Management System). As a plugin, our Dealer Locator system can be integrated into your existing
Advantages using Drupal
- Open source, active development community
Drupal's community consists of professional developers, software companies and individuals who contribute to Drupal's development and ongoing community use. Drupal development standards are well defined.
- Separate appearance from content
The "look and feel" of your website is controlled using a "theme". The "content" of your website is independent of your "theme". It is possible to completely redesign your website's appearance without changing content.
- Flexible, modifiable - forum, calendar, shopping cart, blog, etc
No matter what your requirement, there is likely a software extension ("module") that can meet your needs. If not, Drupal is written in PHP, a popular web-oriented programming language - creating a module to solve a business need is neither impossible nor difficult.
- Role or user based permissions - ability to create secure "back office" functionality
Drupal uses "roles" to define functionality within your site. Anonymous users can do "x". Logged-in users can do "x" and "y". Administrators can do "x", "y" and "z". Much of this functionality is built in, so the website designer merely assigns a function to a role and the core system does the rest.
- Bilingual/multilingual capabilities built in
Bilingual and multilingual support is built into the core functionality of every Drupal website, whether it uses it or not. It is relatively easy to create an English/Spanish website and to consistently maintain display in the visitor's language of choice.
- Easily maintainable
Site administration is controlled using menus. It is remarkably easy to add new fields to a data structure, add or change articles or pages. You can easily define new data structures and incorporate them into your site.
Advantages working with us
- We are a full service ISP and have decades of experience
- Website are backed up daily
- Email and email archiving are available
- Our servers are monitored 24/7 to ensure they are up and functioning
Drupal is the CMS of choice for Whitehouse.gov and Weather.com. Find out more at Drupal.org.